Sound is important because it engages audiences: it helps deliver information, it increases the production value, it evokes emotional responses, it emphasizes what’s on the screen, and is used to indicate mood. When put to good use, language, sound effects, music, and even silence, can elevate your video dramatically.
It can immerse an audience in a unique world, help tell the story, and move the storyline along. Sound can also help create emotion and set the tone of the film. A film’s sound is just as important as the visuals on screen.
Sound is vital to sharing information, interacting with other people, creating art, regulating schedules, and countless other aspects of life. It’s for all these reasons that audio has become integral to all sorts of corporate content.
A client approached us to record the audio for Tamil and Sinhalese videos. It was an interesting project for us, as it was not one of our usual ones. Our team rose to the challenge and delivered it successfully and on time.
- The customer had a limited budget to record the Tamil and Sinhalese audio. They demanded that we record it without using studios so that they could keep it within their budget. They also asked us to deliver a clear recording without echo.
- We had a limited time of one week to work on 10 videos. Each video was three to six minutes long. In total, we had 34 minutes of footage.
- The Sinhalese recording presented a challenge, as Sri Lanka is going through a political crisis. It is not easy to locate trained voice over artistes quickly at such a time.
Here are the steps we took to execute the project:
- We looked for professional voice over artistes in Tamil and Sinhalese.
- We then recorded a sample file to check the quality of voice recording provided by these resources. We share the sample with the client for approval.
- The initial sample was not approved by the client as it had some background noise.
- We passed on this feedback to the voice recording artistes. They were able to resolve the issue at their end and delivered a better quality file from then on.
- We shared the recordings with the client as they were ready. This way, the client was able to give us their feedback, and we worked accordingly.
- We handled an audio recording project with quality output and within a short deadline. The recording was done without the help of a studio. The client is satisfied and has approved all the final recordings we delivered to them.
- Our team is now confident of handling more such projects in future, with better planning and more backups for voice-over projects.